South West Inner City Network (SWICN) is a community organization, providing a wide range of services
for adults and young people living in Dublin 8.
If you are interested in improving your skills or just looking for a fun thing to do we will have something
Upcoming Training & Programmes
Website DIY – Practical WordPress
This crash course was developed to support the new business owners or those who wish to upskill themselves. This training included the hands-on approach to WordPress, setting up your website and promote your business online. The outcomes include:
- Understand the pros and cons of various options for getting online
- Learn practical skills to build and maintain your website using WordPress
- Learn practical design tips for creating a website your clients will love
- Learn how to ensure your website is found online: an overview of SEO and online marketing.
Participation: 10 adults
Therapeutic Gardening Course
Gardening has been proven to have amaising benefits to our Mental Health and Wellbeing. It has an ability to reduce stress and lift our moods, makes us nurturers and let us relax and let go. With that in mind we would like to offer those in need to explore those benefits and learn how to heal from nature. It’s a 6 weeks course aimed to encourage people to grow their own food and experience gardening and the benefits it brings for health and mental well being.
This is a season dependent course. Please contact us for dates
Participation: 6 adults
SWICN has the following CE position available:
An applicant for this position should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and a good standard of education. S/he will be capable of working on their own initiative and have good IT skills
– Keep database up to date with records of programmes, participants and volunteers
– Provide support to community worker in the programme organisation and implementation
– Attend meetings and training courses when necessary
– Respect and maintain the confidentiality policy of the service
Please check eligibility for CE positions with your local FAS/Intreo office.
All positions 19.5 hr
SWICN Clubhouse Building, Rainsford St, Dublin 8
Please submit your CV and cover letter to: