SWICN Youth Achievement and Community AwardsCelebrating our wonderful community
The Youth Achievement Awards are for young people between the ages of 10 and 21 years of age. The Volunteer / Community Achievement Awards are for adults aged 18 and over.
SWICN & An Garda Siochana recognise that a lot of people have achieved success in various disciplines (i.e. Sport, Music, Drama, Art and Community work) and a lot of adults give their time freely to help out their communities.
To recognise these achievements Youth Achievement and Volunteer / Community Awards are awarded to a number of successful nominees’s.
Rules of the Competition
- Youth Achievement Awards are confined to those young people who have reached 10 years of age
and not over 18 years of age at the date of the awards ceremony.
- Volunteer/Community Achievement Awards are confined to people who have reached 18 years of
age at the date of the awards ceremony.
- Awards for persons under 12 will be considered for personal achievement.
- Permanent residence of the young person or adult must be in the South West inner city catchment area.
- Awards are confined to individuals, groups or teams of young people, adults and community
groups working specifically in the South West inner city catchment area.
- Any member of the public including Gardai may nominate anyone whom they feel deserves an award.
- Nominations may come from family members or relatives.
- Only one award per person or group is permitted.
- Any person who received an award in previous years is not eligible for nomination for 3 years.